As the days get warmer our thoughts turn to lighter ways to eat. Summer salads are a great way to lighten up and be a little healthier. And they don’t have to be the a standard boring green salad. Why not try our yummy spiced lamb salad recipe below? Delicious flavours and good for you!
And since we’re all trying to eat more healthily this summer, it’s good to cook more healthily too, particularly if you choose Circulon cookware. Circulon gourmet cookware offers a healthy cooking solution that is guaranteed to deliver long lasting non-stick performance that won’t scratch, stain or chip. You can even use metal utensils when cooking with it!
Circulon’s unique circle technology combined with state-of-the-art non-stick performance means that you use less oil when you cook, which is, of course, healthier.
Here’s to a happy, healthy summer!
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbsp ground cumin
1 lemon, rind finely grated
3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp rosemary leaves, chopped
2 fresh bay leaves, torn
1kg lamb fillets, trimmed
2 sweet potatoes
2 bunches asparagus
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
200g rocket leaves
150g Persian feta or soft marinated goat’s feta
Salt & pepper
5ml chardonnay vinegar
1½ tbsp honey
1½ tbsp seeded mustard
1 garlic clove, crushed
½ tsp fresh ginger, grated
2 tsp lemon juice
170ml extra virgin olive oil
- Combine 2 tablespoons olive oil, cumin, lemon rind, garlic, rosemary and bay leaves in a glass or ceramic dish. Add meat, turn to coat in mixture, then cover and refrigerate for 2-4 hours.
- To make dressing whisk all ingredients except oils. Gradually add olive oil and continue to whisk until well combined. Season to taste.
- Cut sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook until golden and cooked through. Drain on absorbent paper.
- Cook asparagus in boiling salted water until bright green and tender, drain and refresh in iced water, then drain again.
- Layer sweet potatoes, asparagus and tomatoes on rocket on a large platter and set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat a little oil in a frying pan and pan-fry lamb fillets for 2 minutes on each side for medium rare or until cooked to your liking. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, rest lamb for 5 minutes before slicing each on the diagonal.
- Place over vegetables on platter and scatter with feta. Drizzle salad with dressing and serve immediately.