This is a Malaysian brekky or snack staple. I grew up eating this the traditional way – slathered on toasted, processed white bread with a generous layer of butter, but my favourite thing to eat it with is wedges of steamed sticky rice cooked in coconut milk.
500g caster sugar
300ml coconut cream
3 pandan leaves, shredded, knotted into 2 compact bundles (found frozen and fresh in Asian grocers)
Combine the eggs, sugar and coconut cream in the machine and mix on setting 3 for 10 seconds. Then set at 130ºC for 19 minutes, on 2 speed. Pour into sterilised glass jars and refrigerate. This will keep for up to a month.
- All-in-one food processor and cooker
- Family size 4.5 Litre Stainless Steel bowl
- 8 Automatic programs – Knead, Steam, Slow cook, Boil, Food processor, Chop, Turbo and Weigh
- Adjustable temperature and timer control
- Over 150 preloaded recipes with simple step-by-step cooking instructions
- Large 7” touch screen control
- Built-in Wi-Fi connectivity
- Dedicated reverse function
- Variable 12 speed control
- Dedicated scale function
Tell us in 50 words or less…
What’s the first thing you will make with your Smith+Nobel Smart Kitchen Machine and why?