To celebrate the launch of Shaynna Blaze for Harris Scarfe, we spoke to the award-winning designer herself about the new range, now available exclusively at Harris Scarfe.
As a designer who builds from the ground up, Shaynna believes in starting with the basics, then layering to create the extraordinary.
“Eighty percent of a room’s impact is down to design, and twenty percent comes down to styling. Styling is the cherry on top, but it’s the vital element that brings the entire look together.”
From a very young age, Shaynna was always inquisitive about the world around her. This new range takes inspiration from Mother Nature, featuring a versatile palette with natural textures and patterns. The range has two distinct looks; timeless classic with a formal edge, and a more casual look for everyday living.
This balance was important for Shaynna, as it provides customers with the flexibility to tone down the formal look or give a casual room a classic edge, as desired.
“This is my first line of products created directly with a national retailer and the first time Harris Scarfe has worked with an Australian designer, so I am incredibly excited about the collaboration,” says Shaynna. “The Harris Scarfe team have encouraged and shared my vision: a collection that is beautiful and of great quality – but affordable! I hope people will be inspired by what we’ve created.”
The best part about this range is you don’t need to be a styling guru to make it work in your own home. The range makes an excellent foundation and can be paired with feature tones and textures that suit your style.
Shaynna’s five key tips for bedroom styling:
- Creating your perfect bedroom oasis is all about balance, shape and texture.
- Use cushions to create a formal look: matching cushions at the back, two smaller – matching – cushions at the front. (For a more casual feel, style asymmetrically and mix up the colours and patterns.)
- A scented candle sets the mood, and a carefully selected fragrance can help send you off to sleep.
- When selecting your colour palette, consider the way the natural light in your room changes throughout the day, and how that will make your bedding look in the daytime compared to nighttime.
- Start with a white, taupe or grey base for your colour scheme, then layer quilts, pillow cases, and cover sets to allow maximum flexibility.
“I’ve never designed anything I wouldn’t want to see in my own home, so I wanted to create a range that was flexible enough to work, and to be enjoyed in your home, day to day. This collection puts a huge smile on my face and I hope it makes everybody else smile too!”
The range is available in selected stores and online now. We can’t wait to see how you make it your own.